tabDo! – THE MUSIC-LEARNING APP FOR THE CLASSROOM
Learn how to use this innovative method – for school grades 1 to 7!
- helps the learner develop an inner feeling for music notes and their relationships (audiation);
- trains and furthers basic music listening competencies, as well as social skills;
- enhances individualized learning—adapting to the student’s learning speed and level;
- introduces musical notation so that children associate notes with their sounds;
- promotes music-making in the classroom right from the start;
- guides the learner from solmization to reading notes, and vice versa.
Where to download tabDo!
From the summer of 2020 the app will be available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Up until then you can make use of the beta version already available (see instructions below).
You can already test the beta version yourself starting right now!
It’s easy! Just access the free “HELBLING Media App”, which you can install on your smartphone or tablet via the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. To add new contents, open the app and click on the “+” symbol at the upper right.
Manually enter the code DEMO-PEJP. tabDo! will now appear in the app and you can begin to use it for free.
The concept behind tabDo!
tabDo! is an innovative app and teaching method for teaching music in grades 1 to 7.
With tablets you can make tabDo! quickly available to your class and, with its melodies and songs, conveniently train your students’ basic music skills.
The app helps them develop their inner sound associations in a perfectly natural way: Students actively and intuitively discover the world of sound, play back the melodies, modify and transform them, and invent their own tonal sequences.
The methods developed for tabDo! help students develop an inner feeling for music notes and their relationships, from solmization to reading sheet music, and back again.
Working with tabDo!
As a classroom instrument
With tabDo! students can work alone or with a partner. In addition, using the app with headphones means that tabDo! is a perfectly designed instrument for practicing and learning music in classroom situations.
The teaching program in tabDo! offers ideal 15- to 20-minute practice sequences. The app can be used flexibly and independent of any particular course or songbook.